When you only have one day in a city like Porto, full of venues and history to show, have you ever wonder “1 Day in Porto – What should I visit?”
Here you have our suggestion to 1 day in Porto!
The best option to stay in, is YOURS GuestHouse, for many reasons. It´s a very well centralized guest house in the Historic Centre of Porto, therefore, nearby everything you need to visit, it’s a cosy space and it’s customized for you!
- “Sé Catedral do Porto”, a building from the XII to XIII century, known for the architecture with roman-gothic features. It is a short walk of 7 minutes from YOURS GuestHouse Porto.
Schedule: 09h00 am – 19h00 pm
Museum and Cloister: 09h00 am – 18h30 pm (summer)
- Reache “Ribeira” using the “Sé Catedral” stairs, where you can take a close look to the “Muralha Fernandina”. “Ribeira” is one of the main tourist attraction points, is an ideal place to take incredible pictures to the landscape, thanks to the excellent views over the Douro river!
Don’t forget to see the D.Luís I bridge, made in iron filigree, drafted by the engineer Théophile Seyrig. You can cross the bridge on foot, on the lowest tray, having a closest view to the river, or you can cross on foot on the upper tray. On the upper tray you can cross on the subway too, and in this tray you have a more open view, to the Douro river, but also, to Vila Nova de Gaia and Porto. Never forgetting the privileged view to the “Muralha Fernandina”!
Once at “Ribeira”, and taking into account that you are only staying 1 day in Porto, make sure you do the 6 Bridges Cruise, there you will have magnificent views to perpetuate in your camera. Is a good way of knowing the city through the river without worrying about the tickets, because YOURS GuestHouse Porto take care of it!
- Now, go up by the “O Comércio do Porto” street, and let yourself be charmed with the amazing building of “Palácio da Bolsa”, and with the “Mercado Ferreira Borges”, both form the XIX century and with view for the “Jardim do Infante”, name given because of the “Infante D.Henrique” statue, pointing to the Discoveries’ Path.
- Also see the “Rua das Flores” and its balconies adorned with flowers. Know one of the most spoken streets of nowadays!
- Go to “Estação de São Bento”, building from the XX century, is one of the most important monuments of Porto, known for its tiles with historic content, which make up around 551 square meters. Beyond the tiles, you should see the roof coverings above the routes representing the strong French influence with typical style between the Renaissance Architecture and the “Belle Époque”.
Take a break to lunch after this long walk. Choose YOURS Bistro, a cosy space with quality dishes and affordable prices!
- After lunch, as you have lunched in a very well located space, walk up to “Torre dos Clérigos”, one of the “ex-libris” of Porto, classified as National Monument since 1910, built between 1754 and 1763. Has won awards such as “Travellers’ Choice – TripAdvisor” (2016), and many others.
- Keep walking until you find “Avenida dos Aliados”, the main avenue of Porto. Here take advantage to photograph the beautiful building of “Câmara do Porto”, and also the brand image of our town “Porto.”
- The next essential stop, and because we are almost over, is the “Mercado do Bolhão”, where you can meet the truthful essence of Porto people.
- Have dinner at “Abadia” restaurant, a 2 minutes walk from “Mercado do Bolhão”, where we recommend a juicy roasted young goat.
- After dinner, if you want to know Porto’s night, go to Plano B, at “Cândido dos Reis” street.
After a long day, come back to YOURS GuestHouse Porto, to a peaceful night’s sleep!