YOURS Guesthouse is a project that combines three dynamic areas:
YOURS Project began on a trip to India in 2008, more precisely at Hotel Yogi, a guesthouse situated in Jodhpur with my wife Luisa. We came up with the thought – and if we’ve done something like this in Porto. Six years after here is YOURS taking its first steps in Porto, city where we were born and grow.
We would like to, when you read this, you felt like it had been written by you! … This is the spirit YOURS – made as if were you – and this is our way of seeing the project – we provide moments for our customers as personalised as possible.
Our mission is to provide unique moments, suiting wants and needs to your own tastes, while maintaining superior levels of quality and safety, contributing to the rebuilt of the Porto city center. This mission is sustained by three values: proximity, culture and homeMade, and three pillars: quality, talent and convenience.
Mission: provide to our customers unique moments, suiting wants and needs to your own tastes, while maintaining superior levels of quality and safety, contributing to the rebuilt of the Porto city center.
(1) Proximity – we are not doing a Hotel, we are making a home. We must know our customers wants and needs in order to fulfil them the best way possible and with the naturalness that characterises us;
(2) Culture – without being pretentious, we will always be associated with a certain state of art. It is normal for us it is in our DNA, so do not be surprised if you see people painting, sewing or playing music.
(3) HomeMade – the things we sell and we produce come from local craftsmen or agriculture (every time is possible) products we obviously privileged.
(1) Quality – we will invest in high quality products and in small details in our (Guest)House. Our products will be best so we have great towels, fantastic pillows, fresh and house potatoes, homemade jams and heather honey! It’s in the details that we live in.
(2) Talent – let’s start from the beginning. We know that we have no tradition of running a Hotel or in catering. The best employees for us are reliable people, students who identify with our project, that serves with care and in on a pleasant way. This motivation allows to sustain growth.
(3) Convenience – the word affection could replace this pillar. We want people to feel good in our Home as if they could recreate THEIRS.
The Guesthouse is located in the heart of Porto – more precisely in the famous Caldeireiros (boilermakers) street – in a UNESCO World Heritage building renovated at the beginning of 2014. The new building has the origin architecture but was completed renovated with modern materials and the Portuguese traditional spirit is alive in the décor by using antique furniture and accessories.
We have 8 fantastic rooms, a cosy dining room, charming reading rooms, two interior gardens of conviviality and an outdoor garden with stunning views of the Oporto Cathedral and old city, where you can relax after a long walk, drink a glass of wine or enjoy a home-made meal.
Our intention is to create a moving environmental, keeping the normal facilities of a hotel, example all rooms have en- suite bathrooms, comfortable beds and fantastic pillows made in Lameirinho (famous fabrics factory from Porto), blankets from Cheauchauen (Moroccan city with best sheep wool), room service, continental breakfast and Internet.
For couples or families who want to have a unique and intimate experience in Porto, we have also a fully equipped apartment with contemporary lines, natural light and the most outstanding views over the old city.
YOURS Guesthouse is quite near of the main monuments of the city, 100 meters from Torre dos Clérigos, of Aliados avenue and Porto Cathedral, with excellent communications 150 meters from the Metro (link to the airport), bus station, S. Bento station (central station) and is just an 18-minute drive from Porto International Airport.